Power Girls Playlist
Listen up, ladies & gents. While the music world has always praised the outstanding voices of guys like Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra, Kurt Cobain and Anthony Keidis, there’s nothin’ like a leading lady who can belt out some tunes. Check out this top list of unique songs featuring the sassiest, most talented chicks around today: 1. “Say You’ll Be There” by MØ – The Spice Girls debuted it in ’96, but Danish singer-songwriter MØ brings back this powerful female anthem with a punch.
2. “Dimming Light” by Tennis – Tennis, an indie-pop group from Denver comprised of husband-and-wife duo Alaina Moore and Patrick Riley, showcases Moore’s sultry, sweet and catchy voice on this hit track that you’ll be singing for days.
3. “Coffee” by Sylvan Esso – When singer Amelia Meath’s soothing voice meets this electro-pop background mix by producer Nick Sanborn, magic is born.
4. “If I Could Change Your Mind” by HAIM – The sassiest girl-rockers out there do it big with this super-charged post-breakup song that’s anything but melodramatic.
5. “That’s What’s Up” (Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes cover) by Lennon & Maisy – 15 and 11 year-old sisters Lennon and Maisy will shock you with their outstanding vocals, sisterly harmonies and creative collaboration on this cover track.
6. “Giving Up” by HAERTS - Lead singer Nini Fabi from this Brooklyn-based indie-pop band sings her haert out on this powerful, high-energy track.
7. “Little Numbers” by BOY - Swiss/German female duo BOY does it big with this fun, upbeat, sassy single that’ll leave you wanting more.
8. “People Help The People” by Birdy – You won’t be able to get enough of English singer-songwriter Birdy’s outstanding voice on this moving track with an inspiring message.
9. “Tightrope” by Janelle Monáe – This cooler-than-cool song by an unbelievably talented chick will make you wanna dance for days…and days.
10. “Paris (Ooh La La)” by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – Girl-rocker Grace Potter hits ‘em hard with this awesome femme-rock track.
11. “Tesselate” (Alt-J cover) by Ellie Goulding –Check out Ellie’s completely transformative, original version of our favorite Alt-J song.
12. “The One Thing” by Caroline Smith – Let Smith’s calming, soulful voice take you away for a little while as you listen to this atmospheric, mellow track.
…There ya have it, folks. Listen to these ladies once, and you’ll understand that anything boys can do, girls can do better.