Why wouldn't you want to spend a relaxing Saturday afternoon being serenaded by a group of lovely women? I hear a number of them are blonde, and word on the street is their falsettos were outta control. The concert will take place approximately at 15:00, or 3PM for you lazy Americans at Bucknell Hall. These girls will throw all kinds of genres at you, and even some mashups! You'll finally have the opportunity to roll in the crazy (ha..). Sophomore Mia Maine de Biran describesThe Silhouettes as "a group of spunky eccentric women who know how to get down."
"We've changed so much as a group, this semester specifically. We took three new girls who've added so much to our sound. Our arrangements are complex and dynamic and the creativity put into them (specifically our two mash-ups) is impressive, and we're only gonna keep working hard and improving as we go," says Sophomore Cameron Norsworthy.
I know where I'll be at 15:00 Saturday - and you'll be there too.
1. Rolling in the Crazy (Adele/Gnarles Barkley mash-up) Arr. Caroline Carey '16, Soloists M.E. Colton '16, Daniele Gold '13
2. You Know I'm No Good (Amy Winehouse) Soloists Mia Maine de Biran, Aida Woldegiorgis '16, Devon Hellman '15
3. Boyfriend (Bieber) Soloists: Cameron Norsworthy (rapping), Daniele Gold
4. Love On Top (Beyonce) Jenny Rosen
5. Payphone (Maroon 5 mash-up) Arr. Johnny del Toro from Two Past Midnight, soloists Mia, Olivia Clavel-Davis '16, Gold
6. Blue Jeans (Lana del Rey) solo: Cameron Norsworthy
7. I Knew You Were Trouble (TSwift), M.E. Colton
8. We Found What Makes You Beautiful (Rihanna/One Direction mash-up), Emily Collins '16, Jenny Rosen
9. Hey Jude -- senior song arranged by Katie Bishop '13
Keep those records spinnin', and see ya there!